Alatheya specialists provide customs and brokerage services in Kazakhstan to individuals and organizations that carry out foreign economic activities. Our professionals work in Kazakh, Russian and English.
Main areas of work include:
- Consultations on foreign trade legislation and legal procedures related to crossing the border by truck.
- Recommendations on conclusion of trade contracts with foreign partners, preparation of transactions and direct participation in signing contracts.
- Execution of documents for export-import transactions.
- Calculation of customs and tax payments.
- Obtaining permits of state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Complex representation of customer’s interests at customs.
We offer a universal solution on a turnkey basis of all problems that international companies face.
Advantages of cooperation with professionals
- Good practice of successfully passing customs procedures.
- Tracking and immediate accounting of changes in the laws of the country of dispatch and destination.
- Correct and timely preparation of documentation.
- Effective advice on interaction with foreign partners.
- Protection against abuse and violations.
- Optimization of costs for transportation and storage of goods.
Every effort shall be taken to obtain legal preferences, to speed up and secure the delivery of goods.
Customs clearance of goods
We deal with customs clearance of any type of goods, subject to specific requirements for their legal clearance.
The following operations are performed during the import and export clearance:
- Submission of the Customs Declaration (CD) to the relevant services.
- Placement of goods in temporary storage warehouses (TSW) and return receipt.
- Registration and re-registration of foreign economic activity cards (FEA).
- Closing of the TIR Carnet.
- Obtaining a transaction passport for currency control.
- Selection of commodity codes in the Unified Commodity Nomenclature of foreign economic activity of the Customs Union.
- Preparation of invoices, waybills.
- Signing of reconciliation acts on payments and taxes.
The broker considers the measures of non-tariff regulation applied in the territory of the Customs Union, including direct restrictions on the supply of certain commodity groups: quotas, licensing, protective and countervailing duties.
Customs disputes resolution
Our lawyers effectively resolve the disputes that arise between the participants in foreign economic activity and the state bodies in this area. Economic activity is brought into line with the Customs Code of the Customs Union and the regulatory acts of the participating states. Violations shall be challenged in higher instances.
Disputes usually relate to the declared value of goods, imposition of taxes, duties and fees at importing or exporting. Head officers of the customer organization at the same time avoid direct communication with the authorities, deal with their core business. The lawyer takes on the controversial issues, prepares the documents and participates in the meetings.
Frequent disputes are the following:
- Determination of the country of origin of the product.
- Payment and refund of customs payments.
- Accrual of penalties and fines, administrative penalties.
- Suspension of the release of products containing intellectual property without registration.
- Use of benefits and preferences.
- Incorrect classification of goods at customs.
- Inactivity of the customs authority, non-compliance with the terms of the cargo registration.
After being familiarized with the materials of the case, the expert shall give a legal assessment of the prospects to reach a decision in favor of the customer. If there are chances of success, it shall find the best ways for protecting the violated rights. After that it shall prepare the procedural documents for litigation, file a complaint or a statement of claim, collect evidence, participate in the case. If necessary, file an appeal, apply to the cassation instance.