Alatheya Law Firm specialists provide customs and brokerage services in Kazakhstan to individuals and organizations that affect foreign economic activities. Our professionals work in Kazakh, Russian, and English languages.
Main areas of work include:
- Consultations on foreign trade legislation and legal procedures related to crossing the border by truck
- Recommendations for the conclusion of trade contracts with foreign partners, preparation of transactions and direct participation in arranging for the signing of contracts
- Execution of documents for export-import transactions
- Calculation of customs and tax payments
- Obtaining permits of state bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Complex representation of customer’s interests with customs
We offer a universal solution on a turnkey basis of any problem that international companies face.
Advantages of cooperation with professionals
- Good practice of successfully passing customs procedures
- Tracking and immediate accounting of changes in the laws of the country of dispatch and destination
- Correct and timely preparation of documentation
- Effective advice on interaction with foreign partners
- Protection against abuse and violations
- Optimization of costs for transportation and storage of goods
Every effort shall be taken to obtain legal preferences to speed up and secure the delivery of goods.
Customs clearance of goods
We deal with customs clearance of any type of goods, subject to specific requirements for legal clearance.
The following operations are performed during the import and export clearance:
- Submission of the Customs Declaration (CD) to the relevant services
- Placement of goods in temporary storage warehouses (TSW) and providing a receipt
- Registration and re-registration of foreign economic activity cards (FEA)
- Closing of the TIR Carnet
- Obtaining a transaction passport for currency control
- Selection of commodity codes in the Unified Commodity Nomenclature of foreign economic activity of the Customs Union
- Preparation of invoices, waybills
- Signing reconciliation acts on payments and taxes
The broker considers the measures of non-tariff regulation applied in the territory of the Customs Union, including direct restrictions on the supply of certain commodity groups: quotas, licensing, protective, and countervailing duties.
Customs disputes resolution
Our lawyers effectively resolve the disputes that arise between the participants in a foreign economic activity and the state bodies involved. Economic activity is brought into accordance with the Customs Code of the Customs Union and the regulatory acts of the participating states. Violations shall be challenged in higher instances.
Disputes usually relate to the declared value of goods, imposition of taxes, duties, and fees for importing or exporting. Chief officers of the customer organization, who are involved at the same time, avoid direct communication with the authorities and deal with their core business. The lawyer acts on the controversial issues, prepares the documents, and participates in the meetings.
Frequent disputes are the following:
- Determination of the country of origin of the product
- Payment and refund of customs payments
- Accrual of penalties, fines, and administrative penalties
- Suspension of the release of products containing intellectual property without registration
- Use of benefits and preferences
- Incorrect classification of goods at customs
- Inactivity of the customs authority, non-compliance with the terms of the cargo registration
After being familiarized with the materials of the case, the expert shall give a legal assessment of the prospects in order to reach a decision in favor of the customer. If there are chances of success, the expert shall find the best ways to protect the violated rights. The expert shall then prepare the procedural documents for litigation, file a complaint or a statement of claim, collect evidence, participate in the case, and, if necessary, file an appeal and apply to the cassation instance.